Tucson is located in Southern Arizona in the Sonora desert amid the Santa Catalina Mountains. Nicknamed the "Old Pueblo," Tucson combines the essence of the Wild West with stunning natural beauty, a rich native American tradition and an abundance of health resorts and new age sensibilities. Tucson is surrounded by five mountain ranges, several national parks and Native American homelands. Residents and visitors are attracted to the stunning southwest scenery and the hot, dry climate in this thriving and vibrant city.
Did you know?
- Tucson is the oldest constantly inhabited settlement in the United States, with the first native people arriving around 12,000 years ago.
- The University of Arizona is a public research university located in Tucson, Arizona, United States. Founded in 1885, UA was the first university in the Arizona Territory.
- Tucson's largest employers are aircraft and missile manufacturing, the tourism and hospitality industry and branches of the U.S. government and military.
- The City of Tucson is bicycle friendly with striped bike-only paths plus shared paths throughout the metro.
The City of Tucson and its surrounding areas offer art and music venues, science museums, nature preserves and cultural experiences. Some of the world's most prestigious health spas and golf courses are located in this southwest metropolis.
- Pima Air and Space Museum
With over 275 aircraft and spacecraft, the Pima Air and Space Museum is the largest non-government funded aerospace museum in the world. The Spirit of Freedom exhibit features rare aircraft such as the SR-71 blackbird and the North American F-107. Tour World War II exhibits, an Apollo training module and giant B-52's at this showcase of American aviation history.
- Saguaro National Park
On the edge of the modern city of Tucson, the Saguaro National Parks East and West protect magnificent forests of these endangered symbols of the American West. It takes 50 to 100 years just to grow one arm of a Giant Saguaro and these sub-tropical giants are considered to be a national treasure. Plenty of hiking trails and guided tours are available.
- Old Tucson Studios
The sets at Old Tucson Studios were originally created for the movie Arizona, starring William Holden and have been voted 'The Best Wild Western Movie Set' by True West Magazine.
Calendar of Events
Gem & Mineral Show
Hotels and Resorts